Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Grauman's Chinese -- Harold Lloyd -- January 21, 2015


I recently finished my series of photos taken at Grauman's Chinese. I started it on my other blog in 2009-2010, then picked it up again after a visit in 2012 (http://cablecarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/Grauman%27s%20Chinese). I moved it here when I started this blog in 2014, and finished it in September, 2014. In October, 2014, I thought I would start rerunning the series, adding photos of the people honored in the forecourt.

Sid Grauman was a San Francisco showman who came to Los Angeles and built three major houses, the Million Dollar, the Egyptian, and the Chinese. The theater has hosted many film premieres, but is most famous for the hand and footprints (and hoofprints and nose prints and other types of prints) in the forecourt.  
Harold Lloyd left his hand and footprints in the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese on 21-November-1927. I don't know what the occasion could have been -- this was between the release dates of The Kid Brother and Speedy. DSCN4138.
 
I took this on 18-July-2009.

www.listal.com

www.listal.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.