Saturday, January 4, 2014

Harold Lloyd -- January 4, 2014


Harold Lloyd left his hand, foot and glass-prints in the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese on 21-November-1927. I don't know what the occasion could have been -- this was between the release dates of The Kid Brother and Speedy.
 
I took the photo on 18-July-2009.  Click on the image to see a larger version. 

My fiancée, who is now my wife and I used to go to San Francisco's Avenue Theater, on San Bruno Avenue, where Bob Vaughn accompanied silent movies on the Mighty Wurlitzer every Friday night.  We saw several Lloyd shorts and features there.  The Kid Brother is my favorite.

I didn't get to read his memoir, An American Comedy, till after I got married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.