Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Forgotten -- May 8, 2016

www.listal.com

Happy Mothers' Day, everyone.  I'm grateful for my mother and my wife and my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law and cousins and friends. All excellent mothers.

I wasn't too impressed by The Forgotten, but  Julianne Moore was excellent as a mother whose 9 year old son died.  People start to tell her that her son never existed, but she knew he did.  The conspiracy to convince her nearly succeeds, but at the end she remembers.  Confronting an agent of the conspiracy, she says "I had life inside me. I had life. I have a child. I have a son. I have a son, and his name is Sam, you son of a bitch." 

I wanted the agent to pause, then ask "What does the 'U' stand for?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.