Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Frank Capra 125 -- May 18, 2022

listal.com

Director Frank Capra was born 125 years ago today, on 18-May-1897 in Bisacquino, Sicily. I found his autobiography The Name Above the Title at the Anza Branch Library. I read it many times. He directed some of my favorite movies, including It's a Wonderful Life, It Happened One Night, Arsenic and Old Lace, Mr Smith Goes to Washington and Mr Deeds Goes to Town. I saw his Why We Fight movies in college and they left an impression on me. I enjoyed his work with Harry Langdon. 

I later learned that many of his stories in his autobiography were not firmly rooted in truth. 

listal.com

listal.com

Moving Picture World, 20-May-1922

Over the last couple of months, we have seen the 100th anniversary of the first film that he directed, "The Ballad of Fisher's Boarding House." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.