Friday, May 21, 2021

Horror Shockers -- Son of Frankenstein -- May 21, 2021

 



Vampirella 51, 1976

When I was young, I read Warren Publishing magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland and Vampirella. The magazines always carried ads for back issues, posters and movies. I didn't have a film projector, so I read the ads with envy. Eventually, I got a Super-8 projector, but I didn't have enough money to buy any of these films. A friend had Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein and I was fascinated by the way it had been cut down to less than 20 minutes.

This section of an ad has Son of Frankenstein, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein and The Dr Cyclops. In Son of  Frankenstein, Boris Karloff played the monster for the last time. Bela Lugosi played Ygor the hunchback. I Was a Teeenage... was a popular title for exploitation films in the 1950s. Dr Cyclops was heavy on the special effects. 

listal.com

listal.com

listal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.