Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sir Roger Moore, RIP -- May 24, 2017

www.listal.com

I was sad to learn of the death of Sir Roger Moore.  I enjoyed almost everything I saw him in.  I was very happy to read that he didn't like guns. 

www.listal.com


I didn't see The Saint when it was on its first run.  The first movie I saw him in was Live and Let Die at the Alexandria.  This was the first James Bond movie I saw in a theater.  I had seen Goldfinger on television, but I wasn't prejudiced in favor of Sean Connery.  It was interesting to see a different person play the part. 

I think the only other Moore/Bond movies I saw in the theater were The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker

www.listal.com
 In 1976, Roger Moore played Sherlock Holmes in a television movie, Sherlock Holmes in New York.  Patrick Macnee played Doctor Watson.  I made sure to watch it. 

He did a lot of work for UNICEF and was knighted for it.  Well deserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.