Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Grauman's Chinese -- Mary Pickford -- October 22, 2014


I just finished my series of photos taken at Grauman's Chinese.  I started it on my other blog in 2009-2010, then picked it up again after a visit in 2012 (http://cablecarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/Grauman%27s%20Chinese).  I moved it here when I started this blog in 2014, and finished it last month.  This month I thought I would rerun the series, adding photos of the people and animals who left their hand/foot/nose/profile/leg/hoof prints in the concrete. 

Mary Pickford and her husband Douglas Fairbanks were the first people to leave hand and footprints in the forecourt of Sid Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, on 30-April-1927. The day I visited, no one was paying attention to Miss Pickford.  In November of that year, she would release My Best Girl, her last silent. 

I took this on 18-July-2009. DSCN4137.
 
www.lucywho.com
 
www.listal.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.