Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Charles Dickens 150 Years -- June 9, 2020

www.listal.com
Boz (pronounced like "nose") died 150 years ago today, on 09-June-1870. Some years ago I decided to read or reread all of Charles Dickens' novels, even Barnaby Rudge and Martin Chuzzlewit, during my commute. I don't remember how long it took, but it was worthwhile. I still have to read some short stories and Christmas stories. I don't know how many movies have been made from  his novels and short stories. A college professor once said that Dickens' works make good movies because "they can cut out all the dull stuff." Several of the members of the class were offended, but she was probably right.  

Moving Picture World, 20-July-1912
www.listal.com
www.listal.com
www.listal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.