Sunday, May 31, 2020

Rainer Werner Fassbinder 75 -- May 31, 2020

www.listal.com
When I was in my movie-going prime, it was hard to find contemporary West or East German movies, so I read a lot about Rainer Werner Fassbinder's movies before I saw one.  His abundant output reminded me of a filmmaker of the 1910s.  Fassbinder  was born 75 years ago today on 32-May-1945.  He was only 37 when he died of an overdose in 1982, but had made more than 40 feature films. 

www.listal.com
After reading about his movies in magazines, newspapers and books, I think the first one I saw was probably The Marriage of Maria Braun, probably at the Lumiere on Fillmore.  This was also the first movie I saw with Hanna Schygulla.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.