Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Vin Scully, RIP -- August 3, 2022


I was sad to learn that Vin Scully has died. Scully was a fan of the New York Giants.  Mel Ott was his favorite player.  In 1950, he began announcing Brooklyn Dodgers games.  After 67 seasons, he retired as announcer for the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2016.  Ironically, the last game of the Dodgers' season was against the San Francisco Giants, at Pac Bell Park. The Giants won. 

I have always hated the Dodgers, but admired Vin Scully.  When I was young, I discovered that I could tune in Los Angeles AM stations at night, including KFI, which carried the Dodgers.  He also did the Game of the Week and sometimes the World Series. I liked his voice.  It was soothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.