Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Binge Watching -- Manhunt -- April 24, 2024


While I was recuperating last week, I decided to binge watch something. Apple TV+ was showing Manhunt, a miniseries based on James L Swanson's book. I was interested to see that many of the actors were British or Irish, including Tobias Menzies as Edwin Stanton and Anthony Boyle as the coward Booth. I thought Hamish Linklater, who played Lincoln, was Scottish, but he is an American. Lovie Simone played Mary Simms, a slave of Dr Mudd who helped to expose the conspiracy. Matt Walsh played Samuel Mudd. Will Harrison played David Herold. 

The story moved right along, jumping back and forth in time. It did not try to exonerate Mary Surratt. It strongly implied that Jefferson Davis ordered the murder. I found it worth watching. I wonder what someone who had not read the book would think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.