Sunday, February 6, 2022

Patrick Macnee 100 -- February 6, 2022

www.listal.com

Actor Patrick Macnee was born 100 years ago today, on 06-February-1922. He was a veteran of the Royal Navy in World War II. I always admired the way he played John Steed in various version of The Avengers.  He played a gentleman who could take care of himself. 

www.listal.com

Some San Francisco television station played The Avengers on Sunday (?) afternoons.  I also admired his costar, Diana Rigg.  I got confused when Diana Rigg was replaced by Linda Thorson.  Later I learned about Honor Blackman.  I didn't see any black and white episodes till many years later.  When the internet got going, I learned how far back the show went.  Steed was there most of the time. 

www.listal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.