Monday, September 7, 2015

Modern Times -- September 7, 2015

Motion Picture Herald, 07-March-1936

In honor of Labor Day, I am writing about Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times, one of the most famous movies about labor.  I have a new blu ray from Criterion, but I haven't been able to get the television long enough to watch it.  When I do, I'll write more about the movie. 

www.listal.com
Some scenes seem familiar to us today. 

www.listal.com

I eat at my desk every day. 

www.listal.com

I have never done this at work, but I understand how he feels. 

www.listal.com
I wish I could be this graceful. 

www.listal.com
The scene with the red flag was funny, but many people found it controversial.  I remember a school friend's mother who thought Chaplin was a communist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.