Monday, November 22, 2021

Rodney Dangerfield 100 - November 22, 2021

listal.com

Rodney Dangerfield was born 100 years ago today, on 22-November-1921. I was aware of him as a comedian for most of my life, but then in the 1980s and 90s he had a second career appearing in movies. I loved his delivery. He died in 2004. "I don't get any respect."

"I tell ya, when I was a kid I had it rough. Once on my birthday, my old man gave me a bat. The first day I played with it, it flew away."

"What a childhood I had. My parents sent me to a child psychiatrist. The kid didn’t help me at all."

"I tell ya, when I was a kid I got no respect. My parents got divorced. They had a custody fight over me. No one showed up."

"I went to the fights last night, and a hockey game broke out."

listal.com

My late father-in-law loved Caddyshack. I don't think I ever saw it all the way through. Sometimes I think I am a snob. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.