Friday, February 19, 2021

Horror Shockers -- Creature From the Black Lagoon -- February 19, 2021

Vampirella 51, 1976

When I was young, I read Warren Publishing magazines like Famous Monsters of Filmland and Vampirella. The magazines always carried ads for back issues, posters and movies. I didn't have a film projector, so I read the ads with envy. Eventually, I got a Super-8 projector, but I didn't have enough money to buy any of these films. A friend had Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein and I was fascinated by the way it had been cut down to less than 20 minutes.

This section of an ad has Creature From the Black Lagoon,  Curse of the Demon (also known as Night of the Demon) and Battle of the Giants, which was cut down from One Million BC, a 1940 Hal Roach production.

listal.com

listal.com

listal.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.