Monday, December 7, 2015

Eli Wallach 100 -- December 7, 2015

www.listal.com

Today is both Pearl Harbor Day and actor Eli Wallach's 100th birthday, so he celebrated his 26th birthday on the day that Pearl Harbor was attacked.

He lived to be 98.  I'll just recycle what I wrote in 2014:

Actor Eli Wallach died at age 98.  He was a pioneering method actor and a World War II veteran.  He performed in Tennessee Williams (Baby Doll), Arthur Miller (The Misfits), Joseph Conrad (Lord Jim) and Mario Puzo (The Godfather Part III), but people who heard about his passing talked about The Magnificent Seven and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.  They especially talk about Tuco in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

They remember scenes like Tuco in the bubble bath.  The one armed man enters the room.  "I've been looking for you for 8 months. Whenever I should have had a gun in my right hand, I thought of you. Now I find you in exactly the position that suits me. I had lots of time to learn to shoot with my left."

Tuco shoots him with a gun he held in the bubbles.  "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.