Monday, June 29, 2020

Ray Harryhausen 100 -- June 29, 2020

www.listal.com
Animator Ray Harryhausen was born 100 years ago today, on 29-June-1920.  I remember seeing The Mysterious Island on television when I was very young.  I later read in Famous Monsters of Filmland, I think, that Harryhausen and his wife went out to dinner and he brought home the crab shell to use in the movie. 

I loved Mighty Joe Young.  I liked It Came From Beneath the Sea with its 8-legged octopus and scenes shot in San Francisco.  I saw Clash of the Titans and some of the Sinbad movies in the theater.  When I got a Super 8 camera, I tried to do some object animation.  It only showed me how difficult it is to do what Ray Harryhausen did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.